I love vegan ice-cream! This one has a touch of sugar in but I’m going to work on a version without refined sugar – this is mostly because I want to eat it for breakfast guilt free. Sugar is the only element I wouldn’t normally have in the morning so I’ll keep you guys updated on all ‘ice-cream for breakfast’ related endeavours!
Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
(Makes 1 Litre, if you have an ice-cream maker remember to freeze your bowl at least 12 hours before you plan on churning, overnight is great)
- 2 x 400ml Cans of Coconut Milk (don’t use a light version)
- 1/2 a Cup of Golden Caster Sugar
- 3/4 of a Cup of a Good Cocoa (or Cacao)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence or Paste
- Pop all your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, chill the mixture, covered, for at least a few hours (overnight is fine).
- The mixture should be kind of like a mousse at this point, try not to eat it all right now, even though that might seem difficult.
- Churn the mixture until it resembles soft serve, try not to eat it here either, and then freeze, covered, in a loaf pan or freezer safe container.
- Toasted coconut chips and blueberries (pictured).
- Freeze dried fruit – raspberry and plum work nicely.
- Grated dark chocolate and banana.
- Orange syrup and toasted cashews.